I’d like to draw your attention to the vacancy for TEN PhD positions at the
School of Social Sciences, University of Trento, PhD Program in Sociology
and Social Research.
Trento Sociology Dept is affiliated to E.C.S.R.; and part of the Equalsoc
See the websites below on how to apply. Deadline is July, 31; 16pm.
Director of the PhD Program in Sociology and Social Research
here call for application and leaflet:
here to apply:
(english-speakers applicants have to follow the on line procedure to apply.
Register and follow the instructions… )
Main characteristics of the PhD program, are as follow:
– Strongly theory driven, empirical research oriented PhD program;
– Multidisciplinarity and Interdisciplinarity are encouraged;
– Double PhD with partners Universities are arranged for deserving candidates;
– Strong international research environment as well as docents;
– 10 (ten) grants (about 1300 euro/month; additional housing facilities etc are
provided by University of Trento)
– applicants must send a detailed research project, and three recommendation
letters. If the project is positively evaluated, applicants will have to pass a
methods test (see call for details).
The methods test can be arranged at distance, se call for details; once the
applicants pass the test they are admitted to the colloquium, which for
international students can be arranged at distance, see call for details.